miércoles, 3 de septiembre de 2014

Sending of our lay partners to Mission


We had a meaningful and joyful celebration for the missioning of our Partners. The celebration was in different steps.Before the celebration begins, Sr Graciela Mendez Unit Leader of Argentina announced to the assembly the two mission partners who were chosen to go for the Congregational Chapter 2015.She said that it was quite a hard task for them to choose two among the group as each one is committed,has the potential and necessary requirement for mission.

The two named mission partners are: Heidy Hochstatter from the province of Bolivia Chile and Nancy Fritsche Eagan from New York. Luz Marina Enriquez from the province of Ecuador was chosen as a substitute.

The first step of the celebration was the reading taken from the Gospel of Mc 6, 7-13 where Jesus called the twelve disciples. The Gospel was proclaimed with a musical background,then the reader called each lay partner by their name and they entered in procession holding a candle which they placed on the heart of the center piece representing the logo of the Congregational Chapter.


Second step : The call

Sr. Brigid: As Jesus called the apostles, the reality of the world and the needs of the Church today call us to journey as one spirit. Hand in hand, we unite our energies for the good of the mission.

Lay Partners: Lord, see the being that I am:
I offer you my hands,
I offer you my heart,
I offer my spirit,
I offer you my feet,
I offer my thoughts,
I offer my mouth so you may be present through me.

Third step : The Promise and the missioning
The mission partners were then invited to stand around the centerpiece to read their promise as follows:


Moved by the spirit, I, (each one says her/his name) commit myself to develop and strengthen the spirit of partnership while offering the person that I am, with my weaknesses as with my strengths, with my skills as in with my limits, and together we can build today and tomorrow, a better reality for the good of the person and mission...

Then Sister Brigid Lawlor responded :


May the spirit of the Lord be upon you so that you can work together; May St. Mary Euphrasia and St. John Eudes guide your steps towards good pasture; May the charism of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd animate all of your actions and life projects.

Afterwards the assembly replied:

We have trust in you, we support you. You are our future ... You are the new breath of the spirit in the world. You are our hands and together we make a better world.

AMEN

Fourth step : The final sending


After the commitment, Sister Brigid offered an apron to each lay partner, on which is written in 3 languages '' I send you two by two''. At the same time, the Assembly sang ''El senor envio''

At the end of the celebration they were all congratulated by the sisters and each of us were offered delicious biscuits (with the design of the Congregational symbol) baked by Sister Magdalena from Ecuador. This celebration was followed by a festive dinner.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario